Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The booze

Este post é diferente. Não é uma história, não quer dizer nada, não quer surpreender ninguém. Mas acontece que a letra que se segue perdeu-se da sua música, e acho que gostaria de arranjar uma companheira à qual se podesse colar bem. Quem ajuda?

I have an old friend,
It’s name is the booze
He comes in and help me
When I’ve nothing to lose

Whenever I think of you
How you’ve put me down
I drink a bottle or two
And then start the next round

But tonight the booze has let me down
Even though I drink and drink some more
Your face in my mind keeps comin’ round
And the old wounds keep geting sore.

Got some troubles at work
The boss wants to keep me in line
He says if I keep coming in late
He will fire me in a nick of time

Now I do my work right
I work hard everyday
What gives him the right
To treat me in such a way

And tonight the booze has let me down
Even though I drink and drink some more
I keep hearing my boss shoving me round
And it shrivels me down to te core.

So I hope one day I’ll die
And I hope my end will come soon
If life is like an apple pie
Then my share was eaten by a goon

And only the booze can help me
When I’m feeling this way
Everyone else has deserted me
Only he helps to face the end of the play

But tonight the booze has let me down
Even though I drink and drink some more
Death comes to collect me, get me out of this town
And the booze has lent her a hand, for sure..

1 comment:

O_Corrosivo said...

O desafio está lançado e parece-me um bom desafio, porque o texto está muito engraçado, o que obriga a um esforço extra para fazer uma música a condizer